Once we get busy with our lives, we forget to catch up with our health. We stop working out, eat whatever is convenient which is mostly junk or ready-made food that has almost nil health benefits, and amid all the hustle end up becoming an unhealthier version of ourselves. And the longer we stay like this, the more prone we become to catching lifestyle diseases.
The question is how to stay healthy and fit?
There are several types of diets, today we have brought for you a Kerala diet plan for weight loss. South Indian food is popular for being nutrient-dense and for its preparation using less oil and spices. The specialty of this diet is it lets you eat a variety of dishes, and you won’t even realize you’re on a limited calorie intake diet!
Kerala Diet Plan for Weight Loss (1200 Calories)
You can lose up to 5 kgs weight in a month with this 1200 calories Kerala diet plan.
One glass of luke-warm lemon water
One cup without sugar tea
2 low glycemic biscuits
Two Kerala Appam OR One Kerala Paratha.
Have an apple, banana, a cup of grapes, or a pear.
You can also have green tea with this if you prefer.
Tamarind rice(150gms) or Pulihora along with some raitha OR plain rice with brinjal sambhar.
Note: Take a 10-minute walk after lunch and have one cup of warm water with lemon or drink one cup of green tea (without sugar).
Have two small plain Dosas OR One cup of tomato soup with five whole-grain crackers
A serving of beetroot thoran and a Katori of rasam with One paratha OR 150 grams of curd rice
Kerala Diet Plan Recipes
1. Beetroot Thoran
- Heat a spoon of coconut oil, and add some mustard seeds and urad dal, stir till they start spluttering.
- Add 2 cups of grated beetroot and some salt, and stir occasionally.
- Now, take a separate pan or small vessel and add half a cup grated coconut, 2-3 shallots (an onion variant), chili powder, garlic, turmeric powder, cumin, and stir.
- Check the beet now, if it has turned soft, add the other coconut mixture and some curry leaves for flavor.
- Cover for 2 minutes, open and serve.
Your delicious and healthy Beetroot Thoran is now ready to devour.
2. Tamarind Rice or Pulihora
- First, cook some rice with salt, some turmeric powder, and a spoonful of sesame oil, and set it aside
- Now take a pan, add some sesame oil, some peanuts, mustard seeds, cumin seeds, chana dal, and curry leaves and stir till they start spluttering.
- Now add some heeng powder (Asafoetida), turmeric powder, red chili powder, and some grated ginger, you can also add chopped green chilies if you like your rice to be spicy, stir and cook for a minute.
- Now add tamarind juice and salt as per taste to this mixture and cook till you see the oil separating from the spice mix.
- Turn off the gas and add the cooked rice and stir gently to combine the spices with the rice, add some sesame powder, and cover with a lid.
- Garnish with some fried peanuts and curry leaves which are optional.
- Your delicious sour tamarind rice is now ready to eat!
Kerala Diet Chart for Weight Loss
Tips Before You Start Kerala Diet Plan for Weight Loss
- Try to have a glass of warm water with or without lemon juice first thing when you wake up in the morning.
- Try to cook your recipes in less oil.
- Spare some time for a workout or even a 10-minute walk, if that is not possible take a walk in your house after lunch and dinner.
- Drink water throughout the day, keep sipping and keep yourself hydrated
- Do not get on the weighing machine every single day, be consistent with your diet, walk and hydrate, and you will feel healthier.
- You can sip on some green tea and black tea if you want to in between your meals, make sure you are having it without sugar or it will just add up to your calorie intake.
Everyone’s working around us, but taking out time for mental and physical well-being is a must. Fancy workouts are never necessary, even a simple walk or jog for a few minutes goes a long way. Eating healthy nutritious food not only ensures physical well-being but also ensures a balanced mood throughout the day, which will help you focus better and give in your best!
Try this Kerala healthy diet plan for weight loss and devour delicious South Indian recipes along with staying fit!