Whenever we talk about greens, there is always good to mention. Needless to say, apart from the numerous benefits greens provide to our health, they also are beneficial in providing a fix to many health ailments without any side effects. Here we can also discuss about ambadi bhaji benefits:-
Ambadi bhaji benefits
Today we are talking about a Leafy vegetable with green/red stems that is sour and is also savored as a delicacy in Andhra Pradesh, Ambadi as it is popularly known, is also widely known as Gongura in Telugu, Pitwa in Hindi, and Roselle in English. The specialty of this edible plant is that every part of it is used for one or many purposes, ranging from the stem, leaves, flowers, and seeds too.
Ambadi Bhaji Benefits for Health
1. It Reduces Blood pressure
Because of their high magnesium and potassium content, they help in decreasing blood pressure. Ambadi leaves are extremely beneficial for people dealing with hypertension.
2. Can help fight Anaemia
Ambadi leaves are rich in iron, thus very helpful for People having Anaemia and for women who have low iron in their bodies.
Ambadi is also very beneficial for women experiencing heavy flow during periods.
3. Ambadi Improves Immunity
Ambadi leaves have high quantities of Vitamin C which is an elixir for the immune system, it increases the white blood cell count thereby enhancing the immunity of an individual
It also has a cleansing effect on the body organs, which helps in the removal of toxins from the body
4. Relieves constipation
Ambadi leaves contain fiber which facilitates smooth bowel movement thus treating constipation, these sour leaves are also very helpful in treating diarrhea.
5. Better Sleep Quality
You can sip on some Ambadi tea in your bed while reading a book and relaxing just before bed, it will help you sleep well by relaxing the nervous system.
6. Ambadi for Weight Loss
Ambadi can be very helpful in weight loss as it has body fat-lowering effects. it is the best source of vitamins C and vitamins E which fulfill the daily requirement of our body.
7. Great for Hair
When you consume Ambadi leaves regularly it will lead to shiny, smooth hair. They are also known to decrease hair fall and slow down hair loss
8. Works wonders for the skin
Ambadi leaves increase blood circulation in our body which helps in the removal of toxins, which means healthy, clear skin, and also bye-bye skin diseases!!
9. Good for Women’s Health
Ambadi is a great source of Vitamin C which can reduce the pain during menstruation and also prevents heavy bleeding. You can it in the form of tea regularly during periods.
We have got an easy Ambadi tea for you which will take you just 5 minutes to prepare, you can reap the benefits of this leafy goodness in merely 5 minutes
- Boil a cup of water, add some dried Ambadi leaves to it, for added taste add some cinnamon and cloves
- After 3 minutes, strain your tea and add jaggery for relishing the authentic taste, you can also add sugar to it if you don’t like the taste of jaggery.
Your tea is now ready for you to sip on!
Uses of Ambadi Plant
- Gongura seeds, stem, and pod are used to make medicines
- The popular leaves are used for a variety of things other than making Dal and Curry which are for pickles, chutney, Tea, also for making spice mixes.
- The flowers can be consumed for stomach ailments by just boiling them and consuming the herbal Drink. In summers, sharbat is made from Ambadi flowers and consumed chilled. Various Jams, syrups, and sauce is also made from these enchanting red flowers.
- From the Ambadi seeds, oil is also made.
Side Effects of Ambadi bhaji
- Ambadi can cause acidity in some individuals.
- It reduces the milk flow, so Ambadi should not be consumed by mothers who are breastfeeding.
- Ambadi has oxalic acid at high levels if consumed too much it can cause oxalate poisoning and damage organs such as the liver and kidney.
- People having asthma should also avoid Ambadi.
- Persons with skin allergies should not eat Ambadi.
We now know more about Ambadi leaves, and the numerous ways they can be consumed in.
Read More :- Catla Fish Benefits
Read More :- What to eat to lose belly fat in 1 week?
It’s a delicious nutrient-rich addition to both vegetarian and non-vegetarian dishes. To benefit from Ambadi leaves, make tea, sharbat, or Soup, we leave that for you to decide!
Is it safe to eat gongura while pregnant?
Gongura leaves are generally considered safe to consume during pregnancy when prepared and cooked properly. They are a good source of vitamins A and C, iron, calcium, and fiber, which can be beneficial for both the mother and the developing baby.
However, it’s important to keep in mind a few considerations:
- Hygiene and Washing: Make sure to thoroughly wash the gongura leaves before cooking to remove any dirt or contaminants that may be present.
- Variety of Consumption: It is advisable to consume gongura leaves as part of a balanced and varied diet. Avoid excessive consumption of any one food item during pregnancy.
- Allergies and Individual Sensitivities: If you have any known allergies or sensitivities to gongura or similar leafy greens, it’s best to avoid them during pregnancy.
- Preparation and Cooking: Ensure that gongura leaves are properly cooked to eliminate any potential bacteria or parasites that may be present. Avoid eating raw or undercooked gongura during pregnancy.
As always, it is recommended to consult with your healthcare provider or a registered dietitian for personalized advice regarding your specific dietary needs during pregnancy. They can provide guidance based on your health, medical history, and any specific concerns you may have.